Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fraulein Revoltech No. 10 Yoko

Hopped over to China Square Central again and got me a Fraulein Yoko figure a day after its release.

Here's my review on it. Sorry if the photos are crappy, but I can't help it. I need a new phone. D:

It's my first Fraulein, so please go easy on my review (I've seen [and held] a Fraulein Rin before, though [thanks for lending me your Rin, Jason])


Fresh out of the shop.

Details:
Name: Fraulein Revoltech No. 10 Yoko
Sculptor: Tomohide Enoki
Price: $28 (SRP $32 - 2300 yen)

First Impression: "Hey, this is really cute." The moment I saw the model at the shop, I immediately got the urge to buy. It could have been my GL fanboyness taking over, but either way, the figure was asking to be bought. (at least for me, it did)


Cute pose is cute.

Poseability: The figure makes use of standard Revolver joints, so poseability is nearly the same as the Yamaguchi Revoltechs. However, there are a few slight differences: the knee doesn't have a revolver joint, and poseability is limited. Two, the joints have some sort of 'indent' which hides the Revolver from view. This causes limited poseability due to the joint not being able to rotate freely. One example is the leg part. Like the Fraulein Rin, the joints connecting the legs to the hips are a bit loose, but unlike the Rin, those joints do not get removed easily. Another downside is that they don't bend so much either. So, overall, the Yoko's poseability is still good.

some poses:



Appearance: The paint job is absolutely good. It's crisp and clear, and there are no paint smudges and blotches. Her face is clean and free of any blemishes or discolorations. Her appearance is really close to the show.




Nice body O.O

Additional gimmicks: Fraulein Yoko comes with her huge rifle (with semi-elastic strap, of course.), a set of eight additional hands, an additional face part (angry), an extra hairpiece (with goggles/visor/whatever you call it) and a stand.

Overall: 9/10. I'd give it a 10 if it wasn't for the indented joints and the legs, but then again the indents do help with the appearance, and you can't always get what you want, right?

Here's a link to all the photos I took of Yoko. I might get some more soon.
http://www.friendster.com/viewphotos.php?a=188566402

1 comment: